When considering options to replace missing or damaged teeth you should include dental implants? In addition to creating natural looking replacement teeth here 6 more reasons you should consider getting dental implants:
1. Long-lasting. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime. Having implants doesn’t mean you don’t have to take care of them. Brushing and flossing are still as important as before, and you’ll still need to see your dentist regularly for periodic adjustments. Made from durable ceramic, dental implants are strong, feel and function just like your natural teeth.
2. Gives you peace of mind. With dental implants, you don’t need to worry about dental appliances loosening or falling out of your mouth. This means they will not interfere with speech or be embarrassing when eating in public. You no longer have to feel self-conscious about your artificial teeth moving or clicking. With dental implants, you can enjoy life just as you would with natural teeth.
3. Maintains your natural face shape. When you have missing teeth, your face appears sunken. With dental implants, you can bring back the natural shape of your face. It’s not just your smile that is improved, your face also appears healthier and more attractive.
4. Helps you prevent cavities. Did you know that artificial teeth or implant-restored crowns are cavity-resistant? With dental implants, your smile is no longer as vulnerable to tooth decay. With other tooth replacement options your natural teeth adjacent to the replacement can be compromised and more prone to decay.
5. Keeps your jawbone strong. Dental implants are anchored directly to your jawbone with titanium posts. This is very close to how the roots of your natural teeth interact with your jawbone. This keeps your jawbone firm and strong. When you have missing teeth, the jawbone deteriorates and loses its density. This means that not replacing teeth and leaving the space empty for long periods of time not only affects the appearance of your smile, it can also cause other health issues.
Would like to know more about dental implants? Please feel free to contact us. Let’s find the best dental solution for your needs.
In every procedure we perform, your comfort has always been our utmost priority.
Using latest dental innovations, your treatment time is reduced significantly. Not only that, results of the procedure are also improved and you get to enjoy a positive experience throughout.
This is why we’re proud to offer Ivoclar Odyssey Diode Laser to our patients.
About the Odyssey Diode Laser
Dental laser has been used in the field of dentistry since 1990 for treatment and preventive care purposes.
Lasers work by producing a narrow beam of light which is then applied to soft tissues. The light targets diseased tissues and bacteria, hence keeping healthy tissues safe and intact. Lasers used in dental practices are also gentler than those you’ll normally find in operating rooms.
The Odyssey Diode Laser, specifically, is portable and battery-operated, making it easy to use. Instead of knobs, the device makes use of a touch screen front so we can adjust the modes when necessary. It also comes with a fiber management system to ensure patient comfort at all times.
Lip Hemangioma Removal Using Lasers
Apart from treating cold or canker sores and gum diseases, lasers can also be used to remove hemangiomas.
Hemangiomas appear as dark spots on the lower lip. Physicians usually refer these patients to plastic surgeons for treatment. However, they are also warned about potential side effects such as nerve paresthesia and scarring.
Patients who feel uncomfortable about receiving traditional surgeries can now come to us for assistance.
The hemangioma or lesion can be removed without having to undergo a traditional surgery, thanks to diode lasers. Those that are familiar with the use of laser as alternative treatment are also more comfortable using the same approach to remove lip hemangioma.
The advantage with using Odyssey Diode Laser is that it simplifies the procedure and reduces the cost.
The laser will target only the damaged tissues, leaving no effect on surrounding tissues. You may notice a scab forming on the treatment area, which should be gone after 4 weeks once the healing is complete.
Overall, the discomfort you may feel after the procedure is minimal to none.
Benefits of Lasers for Dentistry
- Ensures patient comfort. Traditional surgeries can cause a fair amount of discomfort. Using soft tissue laser makes a perfect treatment alternative as it only targets diseased tissues. Patients can enjoy a pleasant procedure that takes very little time.
- Allows precise modifications. With the help of the Odyssey laser, we can perform minute modifications on soft tissues. While traditional surgeries may leave behind obvious signs of the procedure, Odyssey lasers make scaling and contouring of gum tissues look natural.
- Minimally-invasive. The Odyssey laser makes treatments minimally-invasive. During gum disease treatments, diseased tissues are not only eliminated, the area is as well sanitized. This prevents infection while the treated area is being allowed to heal.
Learn more about the benefits of Odyssey Diode Laser. Contact our team today at 519-742-8303