When considering options to replace missing or damaged teeth you should include dental implants? In addition to creating natural looking replacement teeth here 6 more reasons you should consider getting dental implants:
1. Long-lasting. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime. Having implants doesn’t mean you don’t have to take care of them. Brushing and flossing are still as important as before, and you’ll still need to see your dentist regularly for periodic adjustments. Made from durable ceramic, dental implants are strong, feel and function just like your natural teeth.
2. Gives you peace of mind. With dental implants, you don’t need to worry about dental appliances loosening or falling out of your mouth. This means they will not interfere with speech or be embarrassing when eating in public. You no longer have to feel self-conscious about your artificial teeth moving or clicking. With dental implants, you can enjoy life just as you would with natural teeth.
3. Maintains your natural face shape. When you have missing teeth, your face appears sunken. With dental implants, you can bring back the natural shape of your face. It’s not just your smile that is improved, your face also appears healthier and more attractive.
4. Helps you prevent cavities. Did you know that artificial teeth or implant-restored crowns are cavity-resistant? With dental implants, your smile is no longer as vulnerable to tooth decay. With other tooth replacement options your natural teeth adjacent to the replacement can be compromised and more prone to decay.
5. Keeps your jawbone strong. Dental implants are anchored directly to your jawbone with titanium posts. This is very close to how the roots of your natural teeth interact with your jawbone. This keeps your jawbone firm and strong. When you have missing teeth, the jawbone deteriorates and loses its density. This means that not replacing teeth and leaving the space empty for long periods of time not only affects the appearance of your smile, it can also cause other health issues.
Would like to know more about dental implants? Please feel free to contact us. Let’s find the best dental solution for your needs.